Food and Drinks · Paleo · Uncategorized

Going Paleo Again.

OQVFOR0

Ok, so I am on my second last day of the 40 days of yoga and I am so done with the hell that eating processed food it causing my health. As I have become more connected to my body, I have noticed that I am not getting the nutrients that my body needs. I am sick (again) and I am not at a healthy weight either. So… Here comes the Paleo monster!

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 7.48.00 pm

So the Paleo lifestyle is made up of a few food areas that I could go into extreme detail about, but lets face it, I don’t want to write it and you don’t want to read it. So instead I made the sneaky guide to my plate that you can see (that way –>).
We have the main areas:
Animal protein
Healthy Fats
Nuts
Fruit (mainly berries)
Vegetables.

What you really want to know is how to make this easy. Well, lets make it easy then! I use the 80/20 rule. I can’t do the whole 30 unless I am on holidays (also known as sitting on my arse). Basically I am eating anything that could be foraged or hunted 80 percent of the time, then the other 20 percent of the time (also known as the weekend) I can eat whatever I want. This is the easy way of doing the paleo diet. A lot of different blogs and websites make this diet/lifestyle over complicated and look like a lot of work when it really doesn’t have to be. Like everything else, I would rather make something like this doable rather than this scary mountain that I would have to overcome. So I am restarting my paleo journey on Saturday (because I am sick as hell and a whole lot of sourdough bread to eat).

I will keep you updated as I work my way through the maze that is paleo.

 

<a href=”http://www.freepik.com/free-vector/healthy-food-background_1145437.htm”>Designed by Freepik</a>

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s