I am a sucker for arts and crafts. If I am 100% honest, I find that creating things can be a very relaxing and mindful way to pass the time. Today I decided to knock up a little sign for the area I do my practice and decided to share the joy!
You will need:
- Hot glue
- hot glue gun
- wooden letters (from spotlight)
- blank wooded sign (also spotlight)
- pencil and ruler
- pretty bits to decorate
- So first thing is first, you are going to play around with how you want your sign to look. Make it as busy or plain as you want! (Mine started out much simpler than it ended up)
- Once you are happy with how your sign is laid out, its time to get out your pencil! Make a small mark under the Y so you have an idea where you want your first letter to start. Remove everything from the sign and rule a straight line through the area you marked. Repeat this with the second level
- Get your hot glue gun warmed up. For this part, I traced around the letters to make sure that I put them back in the same place.
- Glue the letters onto the sign. Let the glue dry a bit before getting started on the next part.
- Once the letters are stuck on nice and firm, start playing around with the embellishments. Don’t rush this bit! It is really hard to get them off once they are stuck down.
- Glue the pretty bits down and let it dry. And that is it! Tah-dah! Easy as cake!
It is nice and easy, but brings more joy than I thought.
Warning: watch your fingers! After this little activity, all of mine are covered in blisters!