I don’t know about any of you, but I get the worst period pains. Over the past year, they have been getting worse. Found out today that my GP could have fixed this problem when I first went to see them. It was as simple as changing the pill I was on. Despite this rather frustrating bit of information, I thought I would share some wonderful poses that I have tried to help me ease my period pain. I am one of the lucky people who found yoga exactly when I needed it.I hope these lovely poses can really help to ease the period pains.
- Bridge Pose
- Benefits: Strengths the thighs, inner legs and back. Opens the shoulders, spine and chest.
- Legs up against wall
- Benefits: Alleviates fatigue. Boosts circulation. Stretches the backs of the legs.
- Fish pose
- Benefits: Opens the chest and neck.
- Camel pose
- Benefits: Stretches the whole front of the body – feet, thighs, abdomen and chest. Stretches and strengthens the back.
- Bow pose
- Benefits: Opens the chest, spine and thighs. Strengthens the back and hamstrings.
- Bound angle pose
- Benefits: Stretches the hips and ankles. Stretches the shoulders, triceps and chest.
- Extended side angle
- Benefits: Stretches the side body, chest and muscles around the spine. Strengthens and stretches the legs, ankles and hips.
- Downward dog
- Stretches the hamstrings, ankles, shoulders and calves. Reduces stiffness in the shoulders.
[Images: the little book of yoga]