Another wonderful on the go snack!
1 1/2 desiccated (dry unsweetened) coconut plus
2 Tbsp for coating
3/4 cup ground almonds
2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
3 tbsp of honey (or coconut nectar if vegan)
Zest and juice of 2 limes
1 tsp match powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until all the ingredients come to form a dough
- Remove the mixture from the processor, put into a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let the mixture set for 30 minutes.
- Place the 2 tbsp of coconut in a zip-lock bag
- Once the mixture is firm, roll a teaspoon amounts into a balls and place in the zip-lock back.
- seal the bag and shake until all the balls are coated
I adore this!
I can generally get about 20 out of this recipe, which adds up to 68 calories per ball.[source: Breathe issue no. 2, page 41]